I’m going to try something different again this week. I’m going to make a list of all the things that made me HAPPY this week so far! Let’s see what we got-
1. Monday, my wonderful mother-in-law and I, Miss Jeri, had a long text conversation about all my ideas for decorating my classroom this fall. It made me excited for two reasons- I love, love, love decorating my classroom, and I am downright giddy about the new school year. Also, I just love talking to my mother-in-law. We are very, very similar in many ways, and she can always get on my wavelength!
2. My plants are no longer dying!!! Due to all the rain we’ve had lately, and the extra amounts of fussing I have been doing over the plant children, they are now restored to their glorious, green selves.
3. David and I went wild in Wal-Mart the other night and helped ourselves to a huge pile of new superhero gear. As those of you who know me know, I am very into superheroes. I love the movies, I wear the shirts, and David and I have a pretty impressive collection of superhero action figures growing. (YES, we are kids at heart. Get over it!) Anyway, we bought a Batman t shirt, a Punisher t shirt, a Captain America t shirt, and an Avengers t shirt. David got a new pair of Spiderman socks, I got The Green Lantern on DVD, and we both got Batman masks! Woohoo!
4. I finally own shorts long enough to wear to work. I have a major problem with only owning shorts that are actually pajamas, and those are not only too short for work, but also they have Jack o Lantern faces and candy canes and such all over them. Not cool. Thanks to the woman whose house I clean, who generously gave me a ton of clothes, I was able to wear shorts to work for the first time in this long, hot summer!
5. I got to go to Baskin Robbins. My favorite sweet treat in the WORLD is Baskin Robbins rainbow sherbert topped with gummy bears. I have eaten it for nearly 20 years every time I go there, and I went for the first time in months the other night! Oh, it was divine.
6. I have switched to a new cat litter, and it is absolutely marvelous. I decided, on a whim, to try the Arm & Hammer cat litter made of corn fiber. I could not be more happy with this purchase. In a multi-cat household, odor control is absolutely key. I am very self conscious about the cats’ litter boxes, and I have tried a variety of things to work this issue out in our house. I can honestly say that I will not be struggling any longer. I LOVE THIS STUFF!! The cats took a few hours to get adjusted to it- the first time they stepped in, they kept picking their feet up and shaking the stuff off. But now, they love it, and so do I!
7. I experimented in the kitchen a little tonight, and it was a huge success. I boiled two chicken breasts in onion and garlic powder, then shredded those into a casserole dish full of egg noodles. Then I took 8 oz of softened nonfat cream cheese and mixed all three up together. THEN I took a pot of pesto sauce I made and mixed that in, and baked it for 12 min at 350. I’m sure there’s already a recipe for this out there somewhere, but I was just going off a few things I found in my refrigerator/freezer, and I’m so happy it worked! David even liked it.
8. I bought Kindergarten Cop tonight. I’m not sure why I made this purchase, but I plan to watch it this weekend.
9. I made a little friend at the park tonight. David and I were there hanging out with our friend Eric and some other friends, and a little boy was struggling to get the tire swing moving. I gave him a little push, and he promptly fell off of it, so I escorted him over to the regular swings and helped him get moving. His mom and dad were sitting on the other side on a bench, watching us. I’m always worried that when I make friends with kids that the parents will think I’m a psycho, but thankfully I’ve not had security called on me yet. Ha.
10. No matter what happens, and no matter how much we get on each other’s nerves, David is my best friend. I have been somewhat irritable the last two days, and I know I’ve snapped at David more than once. He takes it all in stride and loves me no matter what. I love him. =)
Tomorrow’s Friday! Woo!