Well, what a great week! I have had a wonderful few days, and to top it off, I got a message from my best friend Chelsey over at The Fair Fox saying I had been nominated for the Liebster award for up and coming blogs. This was just the sweetest news to me! I am so flattered.
So here’s how to participate in the awards:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve nominated to answer.
3. Choose people to nominate and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
11 Things about me:
1. I collect Littlest Pet Shop toys.
2. I have a massive nail polish collection, even though I rarely keep my nails perfectly polished. I always want to, but I get impatient/lazy and don’t polish them.
3. Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday. It’s boring. I’m sorry, but that’s just how I feel about it.
4. Waiting in line makes my blood boil. I absolutely cannot stand it.
5. I am a very big fan of cat naps. Any time I possibly can, I will squeeze in a nap on my lunch break, even if it’s just for ten minutes.
6. I do not like turtlenecks. Or shirts with collars. Other people can wear them, but when I wear them I feel like I can’t breathe. It’s the worst.
7. I cannot sleep with my back to the door of the room unless someone else is in the bed, too. Before I got married, this posed a real problem because I got sick of sleeping on one side all the time.
8. I find the entire month of December more exciting and fun than Christmas Day. Christmas Eve is far better than Christmas Day in my opinion.
9. I went through a phase in middle school where I dyed my hair every few months. I had blonde hair, red hair, and almost black hair. Then I went back natural for years, until a year in college where my hair was so black it looked blue in sunlight. Then I went back natural right before the wedding.
10. Yellow jackets terrify me.
11. I find pears absolutely disgusting.
Answers to Chelsey’s questions:
1. How do you feel about roller coasters?
I am so scared of them!! I loved them when I was little, but now I only get on them if all the people I am with get on it, too. I am one of those people who rides with my eyes closed, clutching the arm rests the entire time.
2. Are you afraid of the dark?
Absolutely. I keep two flashlights beside my bed, and I have several more that I keep around just in case the power goes out at night. I also have a lamp right beside the bed that is the absolute last thing I cut off when I am going to sleep.
3. What’s your greatest accomplishment?
Graduating college, for sure. I know that people do it every year, but it was really important to me that I did it.
4. What’s your greatest failure?
Hmmm…. this is a tough one. I guess the first thing that comes to mind is that I didn’t graduate in four years. I took a victory lap and it took me five years to graduate when I could have been a little more mature and a little more responsible and graduated on time.
5. If you could have a conversation with your 13 year old self, what would you talk about?
I would tell myself to stop taking everything so seriously. I had no idea how to laugh at myself back then, and I got my feelings hurt so easily. I would also let myself know that it was okay to step away from the hot rollers. And the white eye shadow. I’m sure my 13 year old self would be absolutely stunned that I did NOT, in fact, end up with J, the little love of my life at the time.
6. Who is the one person that has had the greatest influence in your life?
Hmm. I guess that would be my dad.He and I butt heads a lot, but getting his approval means that much more because of it. My dad has always shown me that you have to work hard for what you want, and dreaming big helps you get there. He was also the one who taught me how to read, and we all know how special books are to me.
7. If you could live in any other era/decade/time period, what would you choose and why?
The eighties. I was born in 87, so of course I was alive in the 80s, but I’d rather be a young adult in this decade. My favorite bands, my favorite movies…. they all came from the 80s. I probably wouldn’t crimp my hair, though.
8. Are you a social butterfly or a wallflower?
A wall flower for sure. I am a social butterfly when I have to be (i.e., my wedding showers, when I was an Orientation Leader in college), but I much prefer to stand to the side.
9. What sense do you think you could live without?
I always used to say I could live without a sense of smell, but a teacher I had in high school (who I did not like at ALL), informed me that you couldn’t really answer with that because taste and smell are apparently linked, so that’s really two senses, blah blah. Anyway, I would pick smell.
10. Backstreet Boys or NSYNC?
BSB all the way. I liked both, but I definitely wore my BSB cassettes down much faster.
11. What’s your go-to tear jerker movie when you need a good cry?
Beaches. It’s the best movie about friendship that I have ever seen.
My nominated blogs:
My Eleven Questions:
1. What is your dream job?
2. What is your comfort food?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be and why?
4. What is your least favorite household chore?
5. What is your favorite song right now?
6. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
8. Do you like surprises?
9. Are you a cat person or a dog person?
10. What is your most embarrassing moment?
11. What do you do when you want to cheer yourself up?
Good luck, guys!