1. Peppermint EVERYTHING! Candy canes, peppermint candles, mint chocolate fudge, peppermint-printed hand towels, peppermint schnapps… the list goes on. Peppermints are cute, and they are also delicious.
2. Beauty and the Beast: The Enchanted Christmas. At some point, I will probably tell you about my favorite holiday movies in a Movie Monday post, but I have to devote a special paragraph to this movie. It’s supposed to take place in the middle of the original Disney movie, at some point after Belle and the Beast become friends but before they fall in love and he becomes human. It’s got some pretty wonderful music, including one song in particular, “Stories.”
3. Christmas lights. I turn into a four year old when I see Christmas lights. Colored lights, white lights, icicle lights, whatever. I love them all.
4. Wrapping presents. I feel so wholesome and happy when I wrap Christmas presents, and I love to see them under the tree. It makes me feel overcome with warm fuzzies.
5. Christmas accessories. Earrings, headbands, and my extra-special, most beloved jingle bell ring that I got as a gift last year.
6. Christmas parades! I went to the Christmas parade here for the first time last weekend. It was so cute!
7. Christmas music. I know everyone gets sick of hearing it sometime around December 2, but I don’t ever get sick of it. My absolute top favorite Christmas album is Mariah Carey’s, which came out when I was around seven or eight. It’s just perfect.
8. Nutcrackers. I have mentioned my collections of random things before, but I have never mentioned my nutcracker collection. The Nutcracker is one of my favorite ballets, and I have a coffee table book with photographs from a production of it, with the story printed alongside the pictures. I have several nutcrackers, and I plan to add one or two more before Christmas 2012 is over.
9. Preschool handmade Christmas ornaments. I need to devote another post to this, but I have had so much fun making ornaments and other Christmas art with my kids over the last week.
10. How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I will be dedicating an entire post to the book and the activities my kids and I will be doing along with it, hopefully next week. I have never had my own copy of the book, but I am pretty sure I am about to break down and spend the thirteen (!!!) dollars on a copy of it.
What do you love about Christmas?!