1. Being talked to in person while I am on the phone talking to someone else, particularly someone I don’t talk to a lot. I do not have the ability of being able to listen to two people at the same time, so it really upsets me to be talked to while I am on the phone, except for emergency situations.
2. Music/movie/book snobs. I like what I like, you like what you like. Just because you think that whatever I like is lowbrow or too mainstream or whatever else doesn’t mean that what I like lacks substance or quality. I will openly admit that some of the books, movies, or music I like are cheesy, adolescent, predictable, whatever- but I like what I like, and I think people should respect that.
3. Being told that I need to have a child. I realize that I am in the stage of life now where a lot of my friends and family are getting pregnant, but I am not ready. I don’t think it’s fair to be told, “You need to have a baby” when I am only 25 years old.
4. Aggressive, constant lane-changing drivers. I have been known to pass people from time to time, but changing lanes every four seconds does not help you get to your destination any faster than anyone else on the road.
5. Servers at restaurants who act like it is a total inconvenience to them to have you come in and sit in their section. I appreciate that sometimes you are having a bad day, and sometimes you just want to go home. But that’s not my fault, and since I typically go completely out of my way to be friendly to servers, you dang well better smile back at me.
Do you share any of these pet peeves? What are some of your own pet peeves?